The Berkshire Public Health Alliance, a regional collaborative of 24 municipalities, and its fiscal host, Berkshire Regional Planning Commission (BRPC), seek a full-time, benefited Alliance Coordinator to coordinate the Alliance and its multiple, innovative programs that assist Boards of Health (BOH) in meeting their public health mandates. In addition, the Alliance Coordinator will help BRPC’s Public Health Program Staff support the Berkshire County Boards of Health Association (BCBOHA) which has been providing education and training to the 32 Boards of Health in Berkshire County for more than 80 years. Link to this job description.
The Alliance Coordinator will serve as the first point of contact for Alliance programs and services and will assist Public Health Program and Alliance Staff in identifying funding opportunities and creating and maintaining Alliance and BCBOHA Programs. The right person will also take a major role in identifying, writing, and managing multiple grants as part of an effective team of public health professionals working to improve health outcomes in Berkshire County. This is an off-site, benefited position, with flexible hours.
Duties may include:
- Serve as the first point of contact for Boards of Health (BOH) and the public, answering questions, providing BOH and public with support, making referrals and assisting with municipal government outreach and education.
- Maintain, manage, and grow the Alliance Online Permitting Program.
- Ensure that Alliance Program Staff have the resources and support needed to complete, maintain, and grow Alliance programs.
- Create and manage budgets, invoicing, record keeping, and reporting for multiple Alliance Programs.
- Work under the auspices of the contracted Boards of Health to support the Public Health Nursing Program, BCBOHA Installer’s Program, the Alliance Food Safety Program, the Online Permitting Program, the Environmental Inspections Program, and others.
- Attend Board of Health meetings, as needed, and answer questions from municipal officials via email or phone.
- Develop standard operating guidelines, policies and procedures, and model regulations designed to improve public health outcomes, address BOH needs, and meet BOH mandates.
- Attend and support Alliance Director Committee (ADC), Alliance Governing Board, and BCBOHA meetings, as necessary.
- Work with Alliance and Public Health Program Staff to identify, write, and manage grants that will support public health initiatives in Berkshire County and the region.
- Assist with special projects and the development of new projects.
- Driver’s license, with a reliable car and ability to drive at night and under various weather conditions.
- Home office, with reliable Internet service (laptop and printer will be provided, if needed).
- Smart phone with reliable service.
- Ability to attend evening meetings several times per month and occasional weekend hours.
- Must be comfortable answering to multiple boards, changing conditions and a hectic schedule.
- Must be able to prioritize and adjust quickly as conditions change. Ability to work independently and take initiative as needed.
- Willingness to learn new things, attend training, and attain certifications, as needed.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience with local public health and inspections a plus.
- Experience managing budgets, complex projects, and diverse staff a plus.
- Master’s in Public Health or Public Administration, or relevant experience and education. Work experience may substitute for education.
- Familiar with MA Public Health and Environmental Protection laws and regulations a plus.
We will train the right person and help you get certifications as needed.
Hours: 35 hours per week. This is an off-site position, flexible on days and times, though the expectation is that core business hours will be covered.
Compensation: $32-$35 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Benefits: include health insurance, dental insurance, short and long-term disability, vision, life insurance and generous holiday and vacation time. Mileage and cell phone reimbursement. Possible relocation assistance.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Alliance Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls or in-person visits please! Job open until filled.
AA/EOE employer. Smoke-and Drug-free Workplace.