The Berkshire Regional Transit Authority (BRTA) is affected and impacted by the nationwide workforce shortage. This lack of qualified drivers available to operate the BRTA vehicles is resulting in a reduction of transportation services, including fixed bus route and paratransit.
To continue BRTA’s reliable service, some weekday routes will be curtailed for a short-term, approximately 6-8 weeks, as BRTA continue to hire and train additional operators. Saturday schedules are not affected. BRTA apologize for this inconvenience as public transportation is incredibly important to their riders. The service changes will begin on Sunday, July 25, 2021.
Monday-Friday Scheduled Bus Service:
- Route 4: Service will start at 6:05 AM at the ITC, will run every 2 hours, and end at 5:48 PM at the ITC.
- Route 5: Will operate like the Saturday schedule, departing every 2 hours beginning at 8:30 AM and ending at 5:20 PM.
- Route 11: Service will start at 7:35 AM from the ITC, will run every 2 hours, and end at 5:16 PM at the ITC.
- Route 14: There will be no service until 6:30 PM for pilot evening service and end at 10:40 PM in the Downing Garage.
- Route 15: Will operate like the Saturday schedule, departing every 2 hours beginning at 8 AM and ending at 6:30 PM.
- Route 16: Will operate like the Saturday schedule, departing every 2 hours beginning at 9:30 AM and ending at 6 PM.
- Route 21 X: Canceled: 7 AM trip at the ITC and 7:45 AM departure at the Fairgrounds Plaza. All other trips operate on the normal schedule.
Paratransit- ADA and non-ADA service:
- Both will be on hiatus for Sunday and Holiday service.
Click here for BRTA Temporary Service Change Information in Spanish
BRTA is and have been striving to hire additional drivers through a multifaceted approach. If you are interested in becoming a BRTA operator, please visit https://berkshirerta.com/about/employment-opportunities/
Please call the BRTA at (413) 499-2782 #1 should you have any questions about these service changes.