Mission StatementBerkshire Regional Planning Commission provides leadership and assistance to the County’s municipalities, organizations and citizens in achieving County-wide inter-relationships, prosperity, opportunities, quality of life, strength and vibrancy.
BRPC VisionBerkshire Regional Planning Commission, as an indispensable source of support and leadership to municipalities, organizations and citizens, effects positive change through its collaborative efforts to achieve Sustainable Berkshires principles and a high quality of life for County residents, including greater economic growth, sustainable resource management, environmental, social and economic equity, and effective governmental and educational services. BRPC is recognized as the primary:
- Source of trusted, reliable Berkshire County data and analysis.
- Provider of technical assistance to Berkshire County municipalities and organizations.
- Convener of interests seeking to seize opportunities for and confront challenges to the Berkshires.
- Advocate on behalf of the collective interests of Berkshire County.
- Enhance the Berkshire’s human, environmental and developed resources, including its sense of place and built heritage.
- Providing the highest quality information and analysis is the basis for our work.
- Actively seek, engage and respect varying voices to ensure all viewpoints are considered prior to reaching decisions or providing guidance.
- Engage diverse people, organizations and interests within and outside Berkshire County who can effect change in the region.
- Balance competing public interests.
- Nurture and rely upon partnerships and collaborations to provide optimal outcomes.
- Be responsive and open to change and innovation.
- Respect the contributions of staff, community members, and organizations.
- Act with integrity and the highest ethical standards.