Links to the survey and mapper are below and in the sidebar.
The development of the RTP has four major parts:
- Assess the current conditions, needs, and future uses of the transportation system (i.e. roads, bridges, transit services, and other infrastructure)
- Gather public input to better understand residents’ needs and desires
- Develop recommendations for projects and programs out to 20 years in the future, with consideration of the region’s socio-economic projections and needs identified during the previous steps
- Fit recommendations within the transportation budget that is forecasted
BRPC is seeking public input about the strengths and issues of our present-day transportation network in Berkshire County. We are collecting feedback via an online survey and several public information sessions. Your input will be gathered and recounted in the RTP and will help us form recommendations for future Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP) projects, as well as work activities and studies by BRPC staff. Among other things, we want to know:
- How do you travel around the region? (Foot, bicycle, car, bus, taxi, etc.)
- What other options do you wish you had?
- How do you see yourself interacting with the transportation system in the future?
- What are your transportation challenges?
- What weather hazards that limit your travel?
- How can transportation improvements help economic development?
- How satisfied are you with the various parts of our transportation system?
There are two steps you can take to provide your input:
- First, please take the Community Transportation Survey via the link below.
- Second, if you would like to provide more information about your travel experiences around Berkshire County, please use the RTP Mapper to add your suggestions or to highlight an issue you have.
**Please complete the survey before using the Mapper. You only need to answer the survey once but may return to the Mapper anytime to add more points.
Thank you for helping to plan the future of transportation in Berkshire County.
Encuesta de Necesidades de Transporte
RTP Project timeline:
- October through December 2022: RTP Community Survey open for feedback
- November 2, 2022, at 5:30pm: Public information session at the Berkshire Athenaeum, Pittsfield
- November 10, 2022, at 5:30pm: Public information session at North Adams City Hall Council Chamber
- November 16, 2022, at 5:00pm: Public information session at Mason Library, Gt. Barrington
- December 2022 through May 2023: RTP document development
- May 2023: 30-day public comment period on Draft RTP
- June 2023: Comments adopted and Draft RTP finalized
- July 2023: Berkshire MPO endorsement of RTP
- August 2023: MassDOT endorsement of RTP
- September 2023: Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) endorsement of RTP
- By October 1, 2023: Final RTP document published
BRPC’s work toward an equitable and inclusive transportation plan:
Transportation is a basic essential in our daily lives. The goals of BRPC’s Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) include better connecting a diverse workforce to good-paying jobs and ensuring that all residents can access affordable, safe, and reliable travel. We want to understand who has been underserved by the region’s transportation systems and how to include them in the planning process. Access to reliable and safe transportation and the ability to share one’s opinion and experiences around it are not equally distributed. We will work to provide better access to underserved and underrepresented residents throughout this Regional Transportation Planning process.